Pepper Pot Day Centre
Project Officer (Part-Time, Contract)
Project Officer (Part-Time, Contract)
Ladbroke Grove, London, W10
The Pepper Pot Centre is a vital African, Caribbean & BME community resource for the over 50s in Kensington & Chelsea and neighbouring Borough. We seek to combat discrimination, isolation, depression and loneliness and help our members to take charge of their lives, living in a healthy, independent manner.
Having formally opened our doors in 1981, we are a meeting place for older and retired members of the community and a day centre that provides a balanced Caribbean meal and recreational activities.
Our Mission is to enable older members of the African Caribbean to live independently and to use the available resources within the community to meet the socio-cultural, physical, emotional and psychological needs of African Caribbean elders.
We’re now seeking a part-time Project Officer to join our team for a six month, fixed term contract, working 28 hours per week.
- Salary of £12,500
- Play a key role in a vital community resource
- Make a real difference to the lives of older people
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a proactive and community-focused individual with a strong grasp of the needs of older people from Caribbean backgrounds and other BME communities to take an exciting step in their career with our organisation.
For forty years, we’ve been making a difference and turning lives around. Be that through the range of services we offer such as transport, health and wellbeing advice and activities, incredible Caribbean food or simply a big warm welcome, or our support and activities, we ensure that our members are always cared and catered for.
You will be vital to our continuing mission, ensuring more community members hear about us, driving uptake of our services and supporting our fundraising efforts. So, if you are looking to become a critical team member and help us continue to deliver amazing services and support, we’re waiting to hear from you.
As a Project Officer, you will be tasked with promoting our centre and attracting new members to increase our membership base following the COVID-19 pandemic.
You’ll devise new strategies to encourage new members, combat isolation, depression and loneliness amongst older people and process referrals from other agencies.
What’s more, you will oversee our marketing strategy, enhancing our brand and reputation and maximising our social media profiles and engagement. You will also play a key role in the development, support and management of projects initiated by our Board and the Centre Manager.
Specifically, you will:
- Publicise our services and activities via digital media, leaflet distribution, newspaper editorials, open days, and word of mouth
- Support and monitor the needs and well-being of the elderly, visiting them in their homes and contacting them
- Help to maximise centre income
- Maintain strategic partnerships with other statutory organisations, voluntary groups and commercial companies
- Produce written reports for the management committee
- Arrange, liaise and set boundaries with various agencies and individuals who want to interact with members
- Understanding the essential needs of older people from Caribbean backgrounds and other BME communities
- Experience of operating social media platforms
- Good organisational and supervisory skills
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to write reports using Microsoft Office, Excel etc.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
A full, clean driving licence would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with a management committee would also be an advantage, as would experience of monitoring and evaluating small projects. Some knowledge of the Statutory and Voluntary sector would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Outreach Officer, Community Officer, Community Centre Officer, BME Outreach Officer, Older Peoples’ Services Officer, or Charity Services Officer.
Webrecruit and The Pepper Pot Centre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency